We offer broking services to purchase Lactose powder
Lactose is also known as milk sugar. It makes up around 2-8% of milk by weight. It is mainly produced from whey that originates from cheese production. Through a particular process pure lactose is extracted from the whey. Lactose powder mainly produced in monohydrate form.
The main commercial packing for lactose monohydrate is 25 kg paper bags.
As brokers of reputed FASSAI and FDA registered importers we can arrange supply of Lactose powder of various specifications suitable for many kinds of applications. Lactose monohydrate of origins including Turkery, USA etc. is available regularly in 100 mesh and 200 mesh sizes.
Please click to call now, email or use the enquiry form for more details or competitive prices.
Lactose is used in diverse applications ranging from food, feed and pharma to industrial application like iron pallete production where it is used as a binding agent.
- Edible grade lactose has number of uses. It is used in powdered food products such as soups, meal-replacement supplements, creamers.
- It is used as a filler in bread and other baked goods such as pancakes, cereals, cookies etc. It is also used as a coating to prevent caking.
- In the feed industry, lactose powder is a commonly used material for applications in the segments such as calf milk replacers, pet food, compound feed etc.
- Pharma Grade Lactose Powder is commonly used as a filler in tablets and capsules. It exhibits little reactivity with most drugs and in the monohydrate form is stable for many years.
- It is used as a raw material for galactose, lactitol etc
- With glutamic acid it can improve the colour of french fried potatoes, chocolate, drinks, milk and fermented milk based beverages. In whipped desserts it is used for stabilising protein.
- It is a preffered carrier for artificial sweeteners.
- It is used in combination with sucrose for sugar coatings.
- Lactose Monohydrate is a white / pale free flowing crystalline powder.
- It is soluble in water and very slightly soluble in alcohol and insoluble in chloroform and in ether.
- It has a slightly sweet taste.
- It forms a clear to slightly yellow solution. The solution is odourless.
- CAS No: 63-42-3
- Chemical Formula: C12H22O11
- Melting Point: 202.8 deg centigrade
It is hygroscopic and should be stored in a cool, dry place. It should not be exposed to any strong odours.